Friday, August 5, 2011

NFSW Community Spotlight: FrozenStar



We're introducing a new feature on the blog! Welcome to NFSW's Community Spotlight! The NFSW community is huge and we thought this would be a great way to get to know your fellow gamers!

To kick off our very first profile is Andreea, aka FrozenStar. You may know her as one of the fab administrators at World-Garage. But did you know she's also a digital artist who contributed some awesome artwork currently displayed as adverts on buildings and billboards in NFSW? You can find her 3 pieces (like the above picture) primarily in the Century Square area but also in other regions of the game.

We shine the spotlight on her and ask her 10 illuminating questions!

Tell us about yourself.

Hi, I'm Andreea, and I'm known to the World community by the username of FrozenStar. Some of you may know me for being part of the administration team over at world-garage.com I'm soon to be 24 years old and when I'm not playing, I'm mostly working as a freelanced digital artist.
I have been a car fanatic since my early teen days and I was introduced to Need For Speed games around the same time. First NFS game I played was NFS:Hot Pursuit 2, and I have played almost every title since, with the exception of Nitro and Shift.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

I have been playing NFS World since the first beta, which was, if I'm not mistaken, early March of last year. I was one of the lucky few that had the opportunity to see an early version of the game, which I can say has changed a lot since. It only goes to show how much work was put into it to get it to what it is today.

What is your favourite car(s) in NFSW?

Hard to pick a favorite. My safehouse consists of 8 cars, several cars in each tier. But I guess my favorite T1 would be the Nissan Silvia. I like the VW Scirocco better in terms of looks, but as far as performance goes I pick the Silvia. For T2, my favorite is the Audi TT. I have the cutest little purple TT, equipped with all custom things, from a bodykit to rims, purple window tint and neons. For T3, it's the Lamborghini Gallardo. Best handling of all T3 cars.

Your most memorable experience in the game?

It's hard to name just one. There have been several. Starting with the early beta days when the (small at the time) group of people on world-garage, we were all on Teamspeak and queuing up for the same races at the same time so we'd end up in the same lobby (there were no private races back then) or hunting for bugs in groups. Then all the events, meetings and cruises we have organized since. Or the race I had with Eduardo when I saw his awesome custom vinyl with the "hammer of awesomeness" made by Jude. I still want to see that added to the vinyls options by the way! :D

What do you like most about NFSW?

What I like most about NFS World is the challenge. What I mean is the fact that coming from a person who's played all previous NFS titles mostly by career (singleplayer) beating the AI wasn't difficult. But now I have to face other players like myself, not the AI, so it's definitely more challenging to try to get to the finish line first or maintain a good position in a race.

What other console or online games do you play?

I don't play any other online games. World was/is the first MMO game I've played. Sometimes I do races with my WG friends in Hot Pursuit. Other than that I'm mostly playing point-and-click puzzle adventure/quest kind of games. Recently I've been hooked on EA's Alice: Madness Returns.

Favourite cars or driving scene in a movie?

Pretty predictable answer to this one, but I guess the most iconic movie with cars and racing is of course The Fast and Furious series. I liked all the movies, several scenes in each so I couldn't name one. I can tell you my favorite car though, which was Han's Mazda RX-7 in Tokyo Drift.

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

I've recently returned from a Hadouken and Pendulum concert, so these 2 bands are stuck on repeat in my playlist for now.

When you're not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

I spend a good part of my day working with my pen, tablet and Photoshop, as I said already, I'm a freelanced digital artist. And when I'm not doing that or playing games, I'm usually hanging out with my friends in real life or chatting with those online on the world-garage chat.

Chuck Norris or Jean-Claude van Damme?

Heh, funny question. Can I say neither and pick Dolph Lundgren instead?! There's a Chuck Norris joke for everything. So I'll go with J.C. van Damme. Thank you again for having this interview with me!

If you would like to be profiled or know someone you think would be perfect for NFSW Community Spotlight, shoot an email to ling@needforspeed.com!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment