Friday, May 4, 2012

Community Spotlight: Kevin Boerma



Many of our players may know of Kevin Boerma. Not only has he been with NFS World since its Beta stage, he races daily in the game and is a member of World Garage. His love of learning new languages will come in handy when he becomes a globe-trotting photographer one day. It could be then (but hopefully sooner), that he'll get to see the car of his dreams in real life!

Let's get better acquainted with Kevin from Indonesia!

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Kevin Boerma. I'm 16 years old and I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. My driver name in NFSW is NORMALAATSRA, which is also my profile name in World Garage. If anyone noticed, I was one of the winners of a few Tweet it Up contests! I have won 6 prizes, the most recent being the Amazon Gold Starter Pack. Don't worry, I've lost some RT contests and all the other contests NFSW has done, so the contest isn't rigged for me to win!

My motto being: "If you get what you want, it belongs to you. If not, it does not belong to you."

How long have you been playing NFSW?

I've joined NFSW during their Beta stages. I've joined CB5, even though I got no email from NFS or EA about my acceptance! The website just told me to download the Beta! I didn't receive a SpeedBoost code to redeem for World, so I started as a free player with a Nissan Silvia and a Nissan Fairlady Z [Z33]. However when the game was released to the public, I magically received SpeedBoost! I've reviewed every rental car with it and gave my review. I wish rental cars can return! I love to test cars!

What's your favourite car(s) in NFSW?

Anything in my garage to start with. I've highlighted the Golf GTI and Gendarmerie Mégane, which are the best in tackling corners with its FF drivetrain. They must have surpassed 2 Gs! My Donald Duck Aston Martin V12 Vantage cop car that I won through Twitter, recovers quickly with amazing acceleration, after power-sliding around a sharp hairpin corner. The GT-R SpecV is the best Team Escape car! The LFA is a fun car while the Zonda F is a demon. My first favorite muscle car, the Mustang Boss 302 that I won from the 1st Amazon Gold Starter Pack Twitter contest, is my real Gymkhana car. It can do amazing drifts!

Your most memorable experience in the game?

When Team Escape was released, a lot of World Garage members showed up online to test the long awaited pursuit mode. A few of us, including FrozenStar and myself took on Most Wanted. We've rammed others in the rear in case they were slowed down by the cops, and we all stayed together throughout the escape! When we entered Highland Trails in Rosewood, we split up on the dividing routes! It was so cool because we were synchronized so well. It looked like it was from a heist film! When the escape ended, we all spammed the event chat with the word "epic".

What do you like most about NFSW?

NFSW is always in development, so there’s new stuff every day! I hope to see new features and landscapes in the future.

What other console or online games do you play?

Need for Speed World is the only online game I play daily on my Alienware M11x. I also have ProStreet and a copy of The Run. My PlayStation 3 is loaded with titles like Ridge Racer 7, Ridge Racer Unbounded, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Driver San Francisco, Shift 2, Gran Turismo 5, and Midnight Club Los Angeles. Indonesia still has arcades here, so I even play Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, Initial D Arcade Stage and other classics. I also try to branch out from racing games with Mirror's Edge and Portal 2 that I have in my laptop, and also Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in the arcades.

Favourite cars or driving scene in a movie?

The Lexus LFA is my obsession! I have been eyeing this car ever since its first concept version. Ten years had passed and it's still one of the most awesome cars on the planet! I hope to see it one day with my very own eyes. I am also a fan of Cannonball Run, as it had classic humor and lots of racing action throughout!

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

I prefer video game music over most of the songs aired on the radio, especially from the legendary Namco Sound Team. They always make the best songs! But I like to anything, really. The genre that takes most of my time on my earphones is trance music, like Above & Beyond.

When you're not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

I attend art college, studying photography. I enjoy taking photos, as you can see in my Flickr photostream. I hope to make a living as a freelance photographer one day. Other than that, I spend my time learning new languages. Currently, I'm learning French and hoping to resume with Dutch soon. Maybe I will learn Japanese too!

Ethan Hunt or Jason Bourne?

David learns more about himself every time he becomes Jason, so I'd pick Bourne. And who wouldn't be interested in Rashomon-style stories? Even Need for Speed Carbon was told in Rashomon fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment