Friday, September 2, 2011

NFSW Community Spotlight: Obi Nkwonta



This week we spotlight a community member who not only enjoys racing in NFSW but also goes so far as to make movies of his gameplay! Recording and editing his movies with iMovie, Obi Nkwonta then uploads them to his Youtube channel.

You can check out his video of a Lotus Exige Cup 260 test drive here.

And if that wasn’t enough, Obi also has his own blog where he writes about, what else? Cars and NFSW. That's one serious racing fan!

Let's get better acquainted with Obi Nkwonta from New Jersey, USA.

Tell us about yourself.

My name's Obi Nkwonta, or as many NFSW Youtubers call me, The Teenage Transporter or RAZORX33. I'm 18 years old and live in New Jersey. I love everything involving cars, ever since I was just a baby and my mom bought me a Hot Wheels car. I'm currently a college student studying science, but I keep racing as a pastime.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

Since the Beta stages in early 2010.

What's your favourite car(s) in NFSW?

Oh boy! I really don't pick favorites in terms of cars because I love all cars, except the ugly ones. I also have about 31 cars in my World Garage due to my obsession with SpeedBoost. But my favorites so far would be my peppy T2 Lotus Exige Cup 260 because its grippy and fast, my T3 Porsche 911 GT3 RS because it's so unbelievably fast, and Zack's T1 VW Scirocco because it's the best looking compact car ever. Also, if the Bugatti Veyron or the Pagani Huayra make it into World, I'll include them on my list.

Your most memorable experience in the game?

Wow! I've had a lot of experiences in this game, but my most memorable was this race I was in at the Financial District with my Exige. This other gamer in a weirdly customized Elise showed up and called me a noob because of my level, which is 28 by the way. As we were racing, the Elise guy showed some skill, but I didn't back down. When I closed the gap between us, I quickly dropped a Traffic Magnet on him while in the Tunnel, which managed to slow him down. I ended up winning that race. I was so proud.

What do you like most about NFSW?

The cars. When I started playing the Beta back in 2010, I thought this game would be boring because the NFSW team would basically bring every car made from Most Wanted to Undercover. Now, after over a year of racing, that's not the case. I mean, we have the Audi A1 Clubsport Quattro, BMW Z4 GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Lotus Exige Cup 260, Audi TT-RS, etc. These cars weren't in any of the old games, which makes this game much more exciting!

What other console or online games do you play?

Well, I used to play Test Drive Unlimited 2 because of the real-world places and the numbers of cars, but I've stopped because of bugs that they haven't fixed for about a year now. I have a PS3 and am into serious racing simulations like Gran Turismo 5, Need For Speed Shift, Shift 2 Unleashed and DiRT 3. I'm planning to get an Xbox 360 this fall just to get Forza 4.

Favourite cars or driving scene in a movie?

My favourite driving scene in a movie has to be when Han and Gisele drive on the Autobahn in a sleek matte black Lexus LFA in Fast Five. I've always wondered how you can drive at 160 MPH while kissing your girlfriend on your lap at the same time.

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

It depends since I have a big music library on my laptop. But, as some of have heard in movies, I usually rock out to Demons by South Central or The Tempest by Pendulum. These tunes make the game exciting!

When you're not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

I'm either making a movie of the car I drove in the game, studying for a college course, or reading an action book. I usually try to keep myself occupied.

Will Smith in I, Robot or Will Smith in ID4 (Independence Day)?

Definitely Will Smith in I, Robot. Why? Because he drives a futuristic Audi R8.

If you would like to be profiled or know someone you think would be perfect for NFSW Community Spotlight, shoot an email to ling@needforspeed.com!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment