Friday, September 23, 2011

NFSW Community Spotlight: Bruno Fernandes



Brazil, the home to world famous beaches, the Amazon Rainforest, the Brazil Grand Prix, the upcoming 2016 Summer Olympics and NFSW gamers like Bruno Fernandes! On this week's Community Spotlight, we profile a community member who lives for music, movies, Porsches and NFSW! Oh, and he's a rockstar on the race tracks as well!

Let's get better acquainted with Bruno from Rio de Janeiro!

Tell us about yourself

My name is Bruno Fernandes and I’m from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I’m 23 years old and I work as a content manager in a record label. I’m also a law student. My friends joke that I only attend university because I wanted to be a superhero but failed to join the Justice League. I believe this is based on my addiction for exact numbers, fairness and positive results on everything. My current car is a Mercedes SLK 230 Kompressor and I treat her like a part of the family. By the way, my family is just me and my dogs.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

I’ve been playing the PC titles of the Need for Speed series for years, and I’ve been in World since beta. My driver name is JustWatchMe, and I’m online almost every night. I usually chat in channels 1 and 10.

What’s your favourite car(s) in NFSW?

I'm a big Porsche fan! I have once visited their plant in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, Germany, and it remains as one of the most remarkable experiences of my life. So, my current favorites in NFSW are Porsche 911 (both the Turbo and the GT3 RS) and 959, the legendary 80’s supercar every Porsche fan dreams of!

Your most memorable experience in the game?

My most memorable experience was actually when a new feature was added to the game, when the number of possible car slots was unlocked (previously limited to 5). I could then start building my collection, buying at least 1 new car a week. I can say this experience still goes on, as I’m getting more rides all the time!

What do you like most about NFSW?

I just love how you can do nearly anything on a car to make it suit your taste. The vinyl customization system is extremely advanced when compared to other racing games and I’m able to do exactly what I have in mind when I purchase something new from the car dealer. Obviously, like any MMO game, some stuff could be improved. This is why I’m an active member of the community: I’m always putting my opinion and suggestions to be heard, and the game management is always there to listen. NFSW is evolving each day and I’m very proud to be part of it.

What other console or online games do you play?

I have to confess that I’m not a gamer. I have a PS3 but I don’t even have any game to play on it, I only use it to watch Blu-Ray movies. I’m probably buying an X-Box soon, so let’s see if I start playing more games. However, it’s very unlikely that I’ll play some racing game other than World in the near future!

Favourite cars/driving scene in a movie?

All James Bond movies! The Aston Martin is a legend when it comes to movie cars. Also, I like the scenes with Angelina Jolie and the red Dodge Viper SRT10 in “Wanted”. Last but not least, the new music video of “I Wanna Go”, by Britney Spears, featuring 2 of the most amazing Volkswagen models ever built: the New Beetle Turbo 2012 and the Karmann-Ghia 1968.

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

One of the best things of working at a record label is that I work while I race! I'm listening to everything that I need to approve or reject, while playing World. So it’s mostly unknown music. Side note: every time I’m listening to something that I really like, my racing skills dramatically improve. Freud, please explain that.

When you’re not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

I also race real cars with friends in a private circuit almost every week. This is like religion for me. I actually tried to be a professional race driver in the past, but my parents encouraged me not to. Well, they actually forced me not to! My mother thought it was too dangerous and you know, mothers always pick the safe side, while father's safe side is usually to agree with mother. So they made me give it up and now I take it up only as a hobby, with very safe cars, in a strictly maintained private track.

Nike or Adidas?

Adidas hats make my head look smaller while putting my hair back together, so they are a must-have. For shoes, I pick Nike because I feel like I'm floating while I walk, I don’t know how they do it. And barefoot is cool as well!

Thanks a lot! Need for Speed World for the win!


If you would like to be profiled or know someone you think would be perfect for NFSW Community Spotlight, shoot an email to ling@needforspeed.com!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment