Saturday, March 17, 2012

Community Spotlight: Igor Vasilenko



This week, we shine the spotlight on a fellow Canadian! He's a modern day Renaissance man: constructing and modeling things, partaking in outdoor activities and listening to the classics. Classical music, that is.

Let's get better acquainted with Igor from Canada!

Tell us about yourself.

I'm a racing fan from Cornwall, Ontario, Canada. I have my own small business, which specializes in cabinetry and kitchens. In NFSW, I am known as Canadapunk96 but my real name is Igor. I am a dyed-in-the-wool EA gamer and I have played many other EA games besides NFS games.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

My first experience with NFS was playing Need For Speed Most Wanted and since then, I have played all of the NFS games. I also managed to acquire a NFS 2 SE game, one of your earliest, at a thrift store.

What’s your favourite thing in NFSW?

That's an easy one, the multiplayer function. NFSW is probably one of your top games because this function enables me to do play multiplayer races and make some great friends.

Your most memorable experience in the game?

I have always had a great time with NFSW but the time I won't forget was when you started opening new street sections in World. When I first joined the server early in 2010, a good part of the map was closed to players with transparent blue walls across the street. I quickly explored the whole open map sections. Nevertheless, the game was still very fun to play. But then, just in time, you opened several new sections and the game got worlds better!

What do you like most about NFSW?

I really like the constant updates offering new cars, better customization, improvement of the streets and sound effects. Your dedication on continual improvement of NFSW is next to nothing.

What other console or online games do you play?

I don't have any other gaming consoles except for my PC, but I enjoy playing other MMO's like Lord of Ultima, Spore and Battlefield Heroes.

Favourite cars or driving scene in a movie?

I do not have a particular scene that I love but I am a fan of Fast and Furious and 2 Fast 2 Furious series. The animation is excellent!

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

Modern heavy-metal-loving-music-critics will criticize me, but I am still one of those people who delight in Mozart's, Bach's, Watt's and Beethoven's musical classics. My favorite song, The Final Countdown by Europe, is on my Ipod. I listen to it while playing NFSW.

When you’re not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

I have several hobbies, including woodworking, HO scale model railroading, boating on the St.Laurence river, biking and local travel. My most favorite of the bunch would probably be split between boating and woodworking. Also, I love to spend time with my black lab dog, Naida.

Football or Football (aka soccer)?

Oh, this is the easiest one to answer. Without a shadow of a doubt, soccer. Since I first played with my local summer soccer group, soccer is all the rage with me. I usually play either forward or mid positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment