Friday, March 2, 2012

Community Spotlight: Hichem Mettiti



This week’s Community Spotlight features a NFSW fan from Northern Africa. Currently a student, this active community member credits Need for Speed in turning him into a Lamborghini loving, car and racing enthusiast.

Let’s get better acquainted with Hichem from Tunisia.

Tell us about yourself.

Thank you for spotlighting me, it's such an honour ! My name is Hichem Mettiti and I’m from Tunisian. My in-game name is METTITI. Ever since I started to play Need For Speed Hot Pursuit in 2002, I became such a car enthusiast. I continue to play all the Need For Speed games. I love everything related to cars.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

I started Need For Speed World since May 2011.

What’s your favourite car(s) in NFSW?

Well, I am a big Lamborghini fan, so I have to get the two Lambos in the game and I really like the Countach. Other than that, I have 7 cars in the game because I don't get a car that I don't like. The Nissan GT-R and the Lancer Evolution X are my other two favourites in the game and also in the real world.

Your most memorable experience in the game?

It's really hard to choose, but I do remember when I was once in free roam and accidentally hit a cop and triggered a pursuit. I was intending to evade as fast as possible but the pursuit continued and reached heat level 5, so I wanted to see how much longer I can make that pursuit last. It eventually got up to half an hour and then 35 minutes and then I finally escaped at 37 minutes! It felt so good.

What do you like most about NFSW?

Need For Speed World is very different from previous Need For speed games in that I think it managed to hit a whole new level in racing games, as well as, online games. It's a really good way to share your talents with other people in the game. The ability to show your accomplishments and car customizations is just superb ! Also, the game is more challenging than Need For Speed ever was. Single player was cool but racing with other people is much more rewarding.

What other console or online game do you play?

Most of my gaming time is on PC, but sometimes I’ll go on the Play Station. As for other online games, Need For Speed World is the only one I play because no other genres interest me other than car racing.

Favourite car or driving scene in a movie?

Transporter 2, when Jason Statham was driving the Murciélago while in a chase with a helicopter. The changing gears, the sound of the engine and overtaking those police cars was just amazing.

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

I quite like to listen to music from previous Need For Speeds, like the Most Wanted, Pro Street, Hot Pursuit 2010 and even Shift 2. I think they have a really good soundtrack, but most of the time, I just want to listen to the cars in the game.

When you’re not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

I’m usually on Facebook and Twitter. I also keep an eye on the Facebook group that Obi Nkownta and Jake Neumann runs co-operatively, so appreciations to them. It's called Need For Speed World Drivers. I think is an accomplishment just seeing the amount of members going up. Definitely makes one proud.

Muhammed Ali or Mike Tyson?

I will go with Muhammed Ali because he is not just an athlete in the ring, but also outside it

No comments:

Post a Comment