Friday, December 23, 2011

Community Spotlight: Jose Diaz



The folks over at World Garage are so nice, that we just had to profile them twice! Andreea aka FrozenStar kicked off our very first Community Spotlight feature, so we thought it was only fitting that World Garage administrator Jose Diaz, aka LamboGTR, closed off our last Spotlight of 2011.

He's a huge NFSW fan, an even bigger Lamborghini fan (hence his driver name), makes videos, works as a computer tech and harbours dreams of being, of all things, a meterologist.

Let's get better acquainted with Jose from NYC!

Tell us about yourself.

Hi, I am Jose Diaz. Some of you might know me as LamboGTR or LamboGTRLM. I have been a racing enthusiast ever since I watched Nascar as a kid and dreamed of being a driver, as I’m sure we all have. Haven been raised on the streets of New York City, I witnessed a few Illegal races every night, however, I do leave the racing to games such as NFS. I’m also a computer technician that spends his free time as a meteorologist.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

I been a fan of NFSW ever since the beta back in May 2010. That day made me an active PC gamer and I’ve stayed that way ever since. I went through two accounts already and have never regretted all the hours of game play I did. All of this time in World has made me learn how to edit videos, some of which you can see on my Youtube channel.

What’s your favorite(s) cars in NFSW?

I have always been a huge Lamborghini fan, so you can expect me to love the Gallardo and Murcielago. These two high rpm cars sound beautiful and looks to match. If the Aventador were to come into World, I would definitely get it.

Your most memorable experience in the game?

The game has given me so many memories but the times I spent cruising around or just ramming one another with the folks at World Garage has to be at the top. There’s something fun about being rammed by a car at 200mph, while laying on the top of a hill and landing a mile away.

What do you like most about NFSW?

I like the fact that it's just not another racing game where you race against AI and that’s it. In World, you can do pursuits, races, free roam or just chat with friends. The point is that it is pretty hard not to find anything to do in this game, as it is has a wide variety of features.

One of these features is the performance parts system. The ability to tune these cars however you want is pretty cool but you need how to tune them. That is the reason me and a friend created this Performance Guide guide to help out.

What other console or online games do you play?

Currently World is getting most of my game time. I do play a bit of Hot Pursuit and Shift 2 on the PC. As for my console, it’s been untouched for two years now.

Favorite cars or driving scene in a movie?

The movies from the Fast & The Furious series are very popular and I loved all of them but you can't deny that the chase scenes in Gone in 60 Seconds were epic! That GT500 was a one-off and the action packed scenes were very entertaining. It would be nice to see "Eleanor" in World.

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

I mostly listen to the in-game music while playing. I do listen to some dance/techno in the background at times, as it makes races more intense. The band Pendulum, which I discovered in Hot Pursuit, is one of the most common sounds you will hear from my speakers.

When you’re not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

When I'm not gaming, you will find me working inside a computer or tweaking it. Also, you might see me observing a storm and almost getting struck by lightning.(which has never happen, thankfully!) As you can tell, I spend most of my day in front of a computer and mostly at World Garage, quite the fun community to hang out with!

Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil or Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider?

Angelina, of course! She made those Tomb Raider movies so exciting. She kept your attention on the screen in more ways than one!



If you would like to be profiled or know someone you think would be perfect for NFSW Community Spotlight, shoot an email to ling@needforspeed.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment