Friday, December 2, 2011

Community Spotlight: Chirila Ovidiu



For this week's Community Spotlight, we shine our light on a long-time NFSW fan from Romania. He goes by many aliases. You can find him on Facebook as Ovidiu NFS, on Twitter as jUsTcAlLmEgRiM or in game as GRIMBMW. Not only is a huge fan of NFS (Carbon is his favourite), but you can also find him chatting it up with folks on the World Garage website. Let's get better acquainted with Chirila Ovidiu from Romania!

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Chirila Ovidiu. I'm a Romanian guy and I'm almost 17 years old. I’m an NFS fan. My favorite game is Carbon. I love the canyons, the crews, the night racing, the cars list and so on. Such a great game! I can't wait to see some canyons in NFSW! PCs are my passion. I've sorted mine and helped others out a lot when they had issues, for example, no antivirus support.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

I've been playing NFSW since the first beta test, which was on 5 March 2010. I'm proud to say that I was in all the next betas after that and I'm also a head start user!

What’s your favourite car(s) in NFSW?

I would say the Cayman S, my E46 which is a Most Wanted remake, the Viper, the Skyline R34 and the GT3 Porsche. By the way, here’s my BMW in NFSW.

Your most memorable experience in the game?

Tons of memorable experiences for me in NFSW, most of them from the first 3 closed beta tests. I was on TeamSpeak, along with Kaizeras, who is a former WG (World Garage) admin, NFSDrew and many others. Drew and Kaizeras were talking on it, both using weird voices in an attempt to do a video where Drew's car was killing Kaiz's at the Rosewood stadium. Unfortunately, the video never came to pass. Everybody in the game channel was disruptive. We asked them to leave that location, as Kaiz and Drew were recording but those guys continued to be a disturbance and Drew had to go after a while. Your readers may say that's a fail, but they shouldn't because they have no idea how much fun we got in that day! You can ask Drew too, he will confirm this story. As for a memorable experience which happened not too long ago, that would be the first "Spot The Devs!"

What do you like most about NFSW?

Simply the fact that it's a MMO. It keeps the NFS community connected. Not to mention the Facebook and the Twittter support, which is a great way to get more info and prizes!

What other console or online games do you play?

To be honest, I don't have a console and I'm not playing other online games. I would play Carbon online but there are not enough players for that. I did in the past though, and it was awesome! Pursuit Tag & Pursuit Knockout are also made of win. My thanks to WG members, who joined me on Carbon online a few times.

Favourite cars or driving scene in a movie?

Brian's blue and white R34 from 2Fast2Furious.

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

I listen to the in-game music. Not much to listen at but the static car song in free roam is really cool!

When you’re not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

Occasionally, I play other NFS games. As mentioned before, I am also a WG member.

Han Solo or Indiana Jones?

Just because of Star Wars, it would be Han Solo.

If you would like to be profiled or know someone you think would be perfect for NFSW Community Spotlight, shoot an email to ling@needforspeed.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment