Friday, February 3, 2012

Community Spotlight: Quinton Hollis



This gamer has a lot of passions including Need for Speed World, Lamborghinis, MMOs, music, singing and playing piano. Oh and just to round out his already diverse interests, how about a little archery too?

Let’s get better acquainted with Quinton Hollis from Oklahoma USA!

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Quinton, aka "stretch" aka Tarentino! I'm 19 years old and I attend college in Oklahoma, USA. I’ve been in love with cars and racing ever since I can remember. Sadly though, I have never had any really cool cars but a really fun car that I owned was a '82 Civic DX Eagle Edition (4 cyl, custom 5 speed manual). Man, that car was fun!

How long have you been playing NFSW?

Hmmm, I think I started about 9 months ago.

What’s your favourite car(s) in NFSW?

Oh man, this is like asking me to pick my favorite family member! I love all my cars, but my favorites would have to be my Lamborghinis. I have one of each. My Gallardo is colored in the LP550-2 Valentino Balboni colors, and my Murcielargo is candy blue. I also love to drive my halfway-pro parted and dark metallic green Pontiac GTO but my heart still belongs to my Gallardo, it's just too gorgeous.

Your most memorable experience in the game?

I love the car shows that the community throws occasionally! Those are always a blast to attend. My favorite one was when my Murcielargo went up against the most amazing M3 driver I've ever raced. He drove flawlessly and beat me by 0.8 seconds in a 5 minute, heart-pounding circuit race!

What do you like most about NFSW?

The cars, hands down. I just love to buy cars, part them out, drive them endlessly and enjoy the amazing sound. To me, the car's performance is secondary when compared to the way it looks and sounds. I just love to cruise and do private races. I have 12 cars but plan to get more as I progress through the game.

What other console or online games do you play?

Well, when it comes to MMO's, the questions would be, what have I NOT played! I play LOTRO, EVE online, Forsaken world, Heat Online, TF2… I can't even start to list them all here. When it comes to consoles, I don't play. I’ve never owned a console in my life. I have always been an avid PC gamer.

Favourite car/driving scene in a movie?

I have always loved the Aston Martins in the James Bond Films, particularly the car chase with the black Alfa Romeo and the Aston in The Quantum of Solace.

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

Ahh, my second passion. I love all kinds of music but my favorite is ambient and electronica. I love Falling Up in particular. I also enjoy bands like And Then There Were None, Anberlin, Abandon, Red, Demonhunter, Imogen Heap and a few others.

When you’re not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

I'm a full-time college student, so any time not spent playing NFSW is usually spent studying. I do love to sing and play the piano when the mood strikes me. Another thing I love to do is archery. I have a couple of bows and I love to spend an afternoon shooting.

X-Men or Watchmen?

X-men all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment