Friday, November 4, 2011

NFSW Community Spotlight: Steve Hunter



This week’s Community Spotlight features a gamer who has a soft spot for the Lamborghini, going so far as to customize the same Lamborghini Gallardo for when he plays Most Wanted and Carbon. He even gave the car a name: Galileo!

Let’s get better acquainted with Steve from Indiana, United States!

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Steve Hunter. My game alias is DI0G. I grew up just a few miles north-west of Indianapolis, IN. I have been a huge fan of the Need for Speed games since Need for Speed: II SE came out for the PC in 1997! I am a home electronics technician during the day, but I like to play Need for Speed World at night a few times a week or whenever I have time.

Cars are in my blood. I grew up watching Knight Rider when I was just 2 years old. I also grew up with radio controlled cars, including a nitro-fueled model I built about 10 years ago. I also played racing games like Mario Kart, F-Zero, Top Gear and then I discovered Need for Speed: II SE soon after we got our first family computer.

What’s funny is that I never played the original Need for Speed until after I got into NFS II SE. I found II SE interesting, because of the feel and realism. And there was also a bridge you could just fall off of on one of the tracks.

My favorite game to date is World but Most Wanted & Carbon are the best on the game consoles.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

I have been playing NFS World since early February of this year.

What's your favourite car(s) in NFSW?

My favorite Cars in the game would have to be the Lamborghinis. I also like the Aston Martin Vantage V12 and Corvette too.

A lot of people tell me that the M3 GTR & the GT3 car's are the fastest, but what’s the point of racing the fastest cars in the game? I feel like that's a cheap win for people to have better cars than others on the same level.

The definition of a good game is one that is close and competitive. I personally don't get anything out of easy wins, except when giving people a race on tracks they haven't unlocked yet.

Your most memorable experience in the game?

I remember racing in my Z4 some months ago when I was like level 20-something and 2 other players rammed me from behind, actually now that I think of it, one car rammed me front behind and the other rammed me from the right. My car flew straight up about 40 feet with the nose/front-end up in the air. Then, I did a 360 before I landed because another racer had hit me while I was falling back down to the street.

One time, I was actually punted like a football up into the air in my Z4.

Many people have done that to 'pedestrian drivers' and cops in the game, but it’s really annoying when it happens to your own car in a race. It’s still fun though!!

What do you like most about NFSW?

My favorite part about World would have to be being able to race with other people online and car customizations.

I try to make my cars look very unique, using contrasting colors of vinyls, rims and even tint! But I don't do the same thing to all my cars - just my favorite ones!

What other console or online games do you play?

I used to play Star Trek: Armada II on the PC. I also have played other racing games on the XBOX 360, including Midnight Club: LA, Need for Speed: Most Wanted & Need for Speed: Carbon. I grew up on Mario Kart & F-Zero on the SNES. (yeah, I'm going old school there) I have played Halo and I really miss Blood Wake on the XBOX. I wish they had continued to make newer versions of that game.

Favourite cars/driving scene in a movie?

I think that the final race on the first Fast & the Furious movie beats them all. I also like the original Knight Rider series.

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

As far as music goes, I don't normally listen and play at the same time. Sometimes people will invite me into a group and I can hear what they are listening too.

But I do like dance, pop, rock, some rap and R&B. Techno is a good genre to listen to while playing racing games. I really liked the game music in NFS: High Stakes. That is a unique type of techno!

When you're not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

When I'm not playing World, I’m working on computers and electronics. I also enjoy gardening (I grow bell peppers), astronomy, music production and composing as a hobby.

Bill or Ted?

As in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure? Ted was the definition of 'tubular'!



If you would like to be profiled or know someone you think would be perfect for NFSW Community Spotlight, shoot an email to ling@needforspeed.com!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment